Monday, September 29, 2008

WHAT WE WILL DO

I was discussing the candidates, politics and the future intensely with a friend of mine yesterday and we asked each other what we would do if either McCain or Obama wins.

If McCain wins, I will buy a big bottle of premium scotch, amble over to my friend's place and then both of us will drink ourselves to sleep without saying a word. After that I have pledged that I will lose all interest in politics, cease talking about it and get along with the parts of my life over which I exercise at least a little control.

If Obama wins, we won't really celebrate, because it's going to be premature. I think if he wins, we should simply breathe a sigh of relief and sit back, then watch.

The point is that the country is so messed up right now that even Obama may not be able to do much. That's why celebration after he wins would be to too soon. We can all hope then that we will get a great chance to celebrate in four years, or hopefully eight.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chetan said...

So are you saying that you will start drinking alcohol if McCain wins? I am of course referring to your previous posts explaining why you don't drink. So unless you have taken to scotch in the meantime, this would be your adieu to the teetotaler's club. If that is the case, then I better start rooting for McCain, since that would mean that if and when I come to Atlanta we can go out drinking and discuss, if not American, then at least Indian politics.

BTW, I lost your cell number when I switched my carrier. The other day after watching Palin's Katie Couric interview I really wanted to vent frustration and thought of calling you. So if you don't mind can you please email me your cell number. That way we can figure out terms regarding where to drink and what to drink if ever I come to Atlanta and if McCain has won the presidency by then. ;)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Wavefunction said...

I will be embracing the bottle just for that day and simply hope the effect lasts for a couple of years. You of course are welcome to come here whenever you want since I am always ready for being a designated driver if that means I can have sparkling intelligent conversation! The number's 404-791-4362. I share your lament.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home