Tuesday, February 05, 2008

SUPER TUESDAY DAWNS SUNNY AND WARM

Will it also lead to sunny and warm hope for this country? Will Barack Obama be chosen? It's interesting; I had never heard of Obama before 2006 when I first started seeing him in short interviews on TV. The man made a deep impression on me from the very first, not in the sense of the typical politically canny and charismatic Clintonesque impression, but an impression that seemed to derive from his heart, reflecting a deep-set conviction and....soulfulness. Not an exact analogy, but it is the kind of impression Mikhail Gorbachev would have made when American leaders met him after he had just become President. Here's a man who is truly different from his predecessors; in case of Obama, truly different from the crooks and smooth-talkers that preceded him.

I have thought since the beginning that he would be the person to really affect change. Obama becoming president may be the best thing to happen to the US since the sordid days when actors started taking over the country.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sumedha said...

I've been watching the primary results come in tonight and I'm still glued to the TV set at 1:40 am EST. I support Obama from the bottom of my heart, although he has lost every Democratic debate so far and I owe my gender loyalty to Clinton.

Obama may not be JFK, but he's not a common garden variety politician and I was heartbroken when he lost Massachusetts.

Do you think he can win?

10:39 PM  
Blogger Wavefunction said...

It's nail biting...I do hope Obama gets the nomination. In my head I somehow think he can win. But not as much in my heart :(

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home