Saturday, November 19, 2005

I am not really happy with the recent Flag option provided by Blogger, that enables bloggers to mark blogs as 'objectionable'. Although this does not mean Blogger will actually take any action, doesn't this sound too much like passing a judgement and policing the blogsphere? Flagging may unconsciously bias the judgement of readers. I presume that blogger is talking about obviously objectionable content such as obscenities. But if I feel like hurling obscenities at something that I thoroughly deplore, why should Blogger tell me I shouldn't do it? If I am obscene enough, it will easily reflect on the opinions of the readers of my blog and my reputation will be what pays the price...anyway, that won't happen with me...I am too timid a person ;)
If you find the content on my blog 'objectionable', please tell me so instead of flagging it; that's what the comments sections is for. Better flog my posts rather than flag them :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed

9:46 AM  
Blogger Prakash said...

Totally agree with you :-)

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home