Tuesday, September 19, 2006

TUESDAY MORNING 1$ BOOK WINDFALL

If I saw a sign saying "Book sale" and then saw an open petri dish filled with Sarin kept next to it, I think I still would make a dash for the sale. Even if my mind appealed to my low bank balance, my legs probably would still automatically drift towards the event. And so it was today (sans the Sarin for now), inspite of the fact that this sale was of surplus books from the Theology library.

Lateral thinker Edward De Bono's: Teaching Thinking, The Mechanism of Mind, Practical Thinking. I still cannot top my father, who has about 90% of his published titles.

Chronicle of the 20th century: A >1000 pages extravaganza

Thank you.

6 Comments:

Blogger hirak said...

Your love for book is blind!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Wavefunction said...

And apparently deaf! I have absolutely no idea how I am going to move all these books when I am moving from here. Maybe you are contemplating a similar scenario and its solution?

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two solutions,
1. don't move back to India at all. Stay put in the US. Both you and India will probably be better off that way.
2. If you HAVE to come back, hold a garage sale and sell all your books.

RYC on bloop: Boredom actually, took all those tests (and some more which I didn't put on bloop) in a span of 30 mins or so. Sitting at home down with a weird fever that makes me feel cold and have a body ache without running a temperature.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Wavefunction said...

That's why I have kept aside some 500$ or so when I need to ship all these books.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Wavefunction said...

O, yes, India WILL be better off. I don't know about myself though :((
;)

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHy would you not be better off by staying put in the US?

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home